Student Life and Wellbeing
The Student Life and Wellbeing team works to enhance all aspects of student life and experience at the University. It is led by Paula Tunbridge and is part of Student and Academic Services.
The student community is of key importance to our institution. We aim to provide an engaging and supportive environment for the future generation of leaders. At York we want to offer all our students and outstanding and valuable experience but most of all we want our students to enjoy their time at York.
The Student Life and Wellbeing team works to enhance all aspects of student life and experience at the University of York, it is part of the Student and Academic Services Directorate. The Team delivers a range of proactive and responsive services to students and staff including:
- student-led activities delivered through the creation of cohesive college communities
- pastoral support, resources and advice
- promoting wellbeing to students through a range of interventions
- the delivery of psychological and mental health support
- advice and support to students who have a disability
- a central point of contact for student support delivered by the ‘student hub’ providing a range of specialist advice and support such as finance, money management, housing queries, international student support (visa and immigration)
- promoting diversity, inclusivity and intercultural sensitivity and respect
- responding to emergency and crisis situations
- providing a 24/7/365 first response for staff and students through security services
- coordination and support for student conduct and discipline matters
- specialist support for students who have experienced sexual misconduct
- providing resources and advice for staff supporting students.